2011年5月4日 星期三

That was our line in the sand

Oh, no, you didn't trade the food for magic beans, did you?
...of course not, and technically, magic beans would be food. Although eating them would be quite a waste, since you can plant them, and overnight, have a giant beanstalk, which would provide enough roughage for a small town.
Yeah... sometimes i don't listen, sometimes i just watch you jaw go up and down.

seedy underbelly -- underground market.

I don't understand why in this group i never get my way... You always get your way! ... i'll stipulate to that if you give me the ring.

stipulate -- to state clearly and firmly that something must be done.

Can you hold on to it for a few days? It's a prop from a movie, and we're kind of fighting over it.
Okay, just to clear, the first piece of jewelry my boyfriend gives me is a prop from a movie, and i don't even get to keep it?
If you had gone out with me three years ago, by now, you'd have my great Aunt Ida's brooch that she smuggled out of occupied Belgium in a cat.

I get straight to the point. My client's prepared to surrender any interest he has in the ring in exchange for two Kawasaki jet skis. We are not giving him two jet skis... Look we are big boys, why don't we cut the chase and meet in the middle. One jet skis, done and done?
No jet skis!
Alright, forget the jet skis.
Forget the jet skis? That was our line in the sand!




沒有留言: